Fort Worth Public Art: Communications Internship, Spring 2019
Fort Worth Public Art is a City of Fort Worth program advised by the Fort Worth Art Commission and managed by the Arts Council of Fort Worth. The FWPA Collection includes over 100 commissioned, acquired and donated artworks located throughout the city. In addition, over 60 public art projects are currently in progress.
Fort Worth Public Art is seeking a driven, reliable intern to aid staff members in creative and administrative tasks beginning in January and ending in May. Ideal candidates will possess a strong enthusiasm for public art and community and an interest in gaining valuable experience with a Municipal Public Art Program.
Selected applicants will have the unique opportunity to learn how a municipal percent for art program operates. Interns will learn from a variety of ongoing permanent public art projects and gain hands-on experience assisting with community outreach. Interns will participate in creating and implementing creative outreach projects, such as tours and events. Other duties will include writing, editing, and creating content for digital and print marketing, assisting with meetings and events, and other daily tasks associated with the program.
Internships are unpaid and schedules are flexible, generally 10-20 hours per week. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required, including Art Commission Meetings, which are held the second Monday of every month, at 5:30 PM.
- Strong writing skills, including proofreading skills, with a demonstrated command of the English language (including grammar, punctuation, and spelling)
- Academic focus in the visual arts, arts education, art history, arts administration, journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Suite and/or photography skills a plus
- Availability to assist staff at periodic evening and/or weekend events, as needed
- Strong attention to detail
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 1, 2018