Melissa Gamez-Herrera: 2019 CADD Fund Recipient
(pictured with her MFA committee: Eric Ligon, Associate Dean / Paho Mann / Melissa Gamez-Herrera / Dornith Doherty / Andy DeCaen)
Congratulations to MFA candidate Melissa Gamez-Herrera, 2019 CADD Fund recipient!
Contemporary Art Dealers of Dallas celebrated the annual CADD FUND 2019 on Sunday, March 24th at 500X Gallery.
CADD FUND is a fun, fast-paced evening of sharing innovative ideas about potential artistic projects and will make possible a high-impact idea that needs the support of the DFW arts community. While CADD FUND is about raising much-needed cash, it is also a forum to discuss the many other needs and resources that help make projects happen.
The idea for CADD FUND was inspired by similar events throughout the United States. Over the past several years, numerous organizations have taken the basic premise of collecting a group of creative proposals, inviting the public to pay and listen, and then democratically vote for a winner.
2019 CADD Fund Finalists:
- Lara Asam - MFA Candidate, University of North Texas
- Christopher Evans - MFA Candidate, University of North Texas
- Melissa Gamez-Herrera - MFA Candidate, University of North Texas
- Morgan Grasham - MFA Candidate, University of North Texas
- Alexander Lozano - BFA Candidate, University of Texas at Arlington
- Sara Rastegarpouyani & Ehsan Matoori - MFA 2018, University of Texas at Arlington & MFA 2018, Southern Methodist University
The six finalists were selected from nearly thirty applicants from area universities including TCU, UTD, UTA, SMU, UNT, and UD. Finalists were selected by three esteemed jurors; Jennifer Klos, Art Advisor & Founder, Collector House Inc.; Vicki Meek, Artist/Independent Curator/Cultural Critic; and Caleb Bell, Curator, Tyler Museum of Art.
During the event on March 24th, finalists presented short proposals for original and yet-to-be-realized new projects. Members of the audience had an opportunity to ask questions and then the audience voted for their favorite project. The Winner's CADD Fund amount is raised by ticket sales.
Visit CADD website