Call for papers: Art & Visual Culture Student Writing Competition
The UNT Art History Society is proud to sponsor its fifth annual Art and Visual Culture Student Writing Competition!
The competition is open to all undergraduate and graduate students, and applications from outside the UNT College of Visual Arts and Design are encouraged. Essays must be research-based, but may treat any aspect of art and/or visual culture.
Following a blind review of all submissions, a faculty panel will select three finalists to present their research on the UNT campus in a public forum on April 10th 2017, at 5:00pm, with a reception to follow.
Submissions may range from 8 to 20 pages in length, excluding notes and images, but finalists will be required to format their work as formal presentations, each running approximately 20 minutes.
AHS is pleased to announce that cash prizes will be awarded this year.
To help facilitate the review process, please format submissions as follows:
- Group all portions of the essay as a single PDF document.
- Include a cover page listing the author's contact information and institutional affiliation, and remove any identifying references from the essay.
- The author's name should only appear on the cover page.
- Number the pages of the submission sequentially.
- Properly cite all research, using any widely accepted documentation style (MLA, APA, CMoS, etc.).
- Include images of any visual works that are discussed in detail.
- 1st Place Winner: $200 Cash Prize
- 2nd Place Winner: $100 Cash Prize
- 3rd Place Winner: $50 Cash Prize
Essays must be submitted electronically, as an e-mail attachment, by February 17th, 2017, to Megan Wanttie at email@example.com.