Part-time Photographer/Graphic Designer Position with Barse Jewelry
Barse Jewelry's award-winning women’s jewelry company has a part-time position available for an in-house photographer/graphic designer. Their company designs and manufactures jewelry for major department stores and electronic retailers.
As photographer/graphic designer, the focus is primarily on visual presentation of web and printed materials, both internally and at a B2B and retail level.
This position would involve product photography and design/in-house production printing of marketing materials.
The ideal candidate should:
- have experience with commercial photography for smaller hard good items similar to jewelry
- be proficient in Adobe CS
- work in a Mac format
- some knowledge and experience with print production
- have some web design experience
- experience with managing social media platforms
A Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree in design/visual communications or photography is preferred, with 2 or more years’ experience in the field. A professional on-line portfolio is required for consideration.
You must be able to effectively carry out multiple operations and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines in a team environment. Organizational skills with an eye for detail are a must.
- In-house photography of jewelry, including archival photos for in-house reference, as well as stylized photos for web and other materials
- Design layout of printed materials including press kits, catalogs and special market collateral • Prepare product web images for major retailers and vendors
- Social media posting
- Design for our web/email campaigns and social media imagery
- Design in store signage for our retail stores
- Assist with visual merchandising projects at stores as needed
- Assist jewelry designers as needed with visual presentations, drawing preparation or special projects
- Prepare artwork and coordinate pre-press of large scale outsourced jobs
Currently this will be approximately a 20-25 hours/week position; possibly leading to full- time. Flexible with your schedule. Very casual work environment and employee discounts. Hourly rate is $15-20/hour, depending on experience.
Download the job description here.
Visit the Barse website.
Qualified candidates please send a link to your on-line portfolio and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is not a freelance position - please do not send inquiries if you are only seeking freelance work.