2018 University Writing Awards Competition
The Faculty Senate’s University Writing Committee awards scholarships to graduate and undergraduate students for outstanding written works submitted through this program. Pieces must have been written during the spring or fall semesters of the designated calendar year. Students may submit entries in more than one category, but each submission must be accompanied by a nomination form signed by a faculty member.
2018 Competition 2018 Competition Categories:
- Graduate Creative Writing: Fiction: $500
- Graduate Creative Writing: Nonfiction: $500
- Graduate Creative Writing: Poetry: $500
- Graduate Scholarly Writing: Argumentative or Expository: $500
- Undergraduate Creative Writing: Fiction: $325
- Undergraduate Creative Writing: Nonfiction: $325
- Undergraduate Creative Writing: Poetry: $325
- Undergraduate Scholarly Writing: Argumentative or Expository: $325
Deadline for Submission:
5:00 pm, Monday, February 19
Guidelines for Submission:
- Submissions must have been written between January 1 and December 31, 2017.
- Professors must nominate students; however, students may ask to be nominated.
- Nominees must have been enrolled either full time or part time during at least one long semester of the 2017 calendar year.
- Nominees must own the copyright on the submitted work.
- English is the language of the competition; occasional phrases in other languages are acceptable.
- Each submission/paper must have a Title/name page and follow specific formatting instructions found in the awards guidelines.
- Papers should not be more than 20 pages long (not counting title page).
Visit the Faculty Senate website