Call for Entries: Camp Fire "An Artists' Christmas"
2019 marks the 35th year of An Artists' Christmas - a fundraiser organized by Camp Fire First Texas. This year, a category for Aspiring Artists, college students who are under 25, has been added.
- This is a juried show; there are two cash prizes in the Aspiring Artists category, each for $250 – one for 2D art and one for 3D art.
- Digital photos of entries are due August 1. The art committee will determine how many are accepted for the show.
- There are size limitations – no more than 20”, vertical or horizontal (including frame) for the 2D art and no more than 12”x12”x18” and under 50 pounds for the 3D art.
- The art will be auctioned at a gala event at the Fort Worth Zoo on Saturday, November 16. Each Aspiring Artist whose entry is accepted will receive a complimentary ticket to the gala.
- All of the art accepted will be shown in an exhibit catalog, on the event invitation, and on the Camp Fire website.
- The gala will be attended by approximately 450 individuals, most of whom are affluent art patrons.
- Entries are accepted in the categories of Oil, Acrylic, and Pastels; Textiles and Mixed Media (including weavings and wearable art); Watercolor; Photography and Giclee; 3D; and Jewelry.
As you know, Camp Fire is a youth agency that offers after school, teen services, environmental education, camping, and school readiness programs. Over the past 34 years, An Artists’ Christmas has raised nearly $4 million to support these programs in the North Texas area. Most of the artists are from the North Texas area, although there has also been art from nationally known artists such as Keith Haring and Andy Warhol.