Fashion Design Home Textile Intern needed at Ida Mae Home
Ida Mae Home is a growing Bedding and Home Textile Design Company based in North Dallas/Carrollton area. We specialize in quilts, decorative pillows, throws, sheets, table linens, bedding accessories and more, and partner with multiple retailers across the U.S.
We are looking for an enthusiastic design intern to jump right in with our design team! Interns will receive exposure to the design and construction process through direct involvement with our Senior Designer. Our goal is to provide interns with in-depth design knowledge that will prepare them to enter any fast-paced work environment after graduation. Interns will work on new designs that reflect our brand and story we share at Ida Mae Home.
- Create CADs from inspiration to original sketches and designs.
- Create multiple colorways of print and pattern.
- Multi-task project to project.
- Meet tight deadlines.
- Report to the Senior Designer
Required Skills and Experience:
- Junior or Senior with B.S. or B.F.A. degree in Textile or Fashion design required
- Knowledge in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office programs
- Ability to sketch by hand as well as utilizing computer programs
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Great eye for color, details and design
- Team oriented with a can-do attitude
- Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.