Onstead Institute / Amon Carter Museum Fellowship in Museum Education
The fellow will learn aspects of museum education, which would include the following.
- Observing, planning, and implementing community outreach programs for K-12 audiences
- Observing, planning, and implementing K-12 school tours in the galleries
- Executing K-12 teacher workshops
- Evaluating education programs
This fellowship is generously funded through the Onstead Institute and the Amon Carter Museum of American Art. The fellow will receive $8,000 in payments of $4,000 per semester.
Participating students will enroll for three credit hours per semester in ART 5450: Internship with the Department of Art Education and Art History for a total of six credit hours. The instructor of record at UNT is Laura Evans. The six credit hours in ART 5450 can fulfill the internship requirement for the graduate Art Museum Education Certificate. For more information, visit the Art Museum Education Certificate web page.
This fellowship consists of 10 hours per week at the Amon Carter Museum of American Art for a total of 135 hours on site at the museum per semester.
Two fellowship durations are available.
- The start of the Summer semester 2020 to the end of the fall semester 2020
- The start of the Fall semester 2020 to the end of the spring semester 2021
Applicants should indicate which duration they prefer in their application letter. The fellow and their supervisor at the Amon Carter will decide how to distribute the 10 hours over a week.
Applicants must be currently enrolled graduate students at the University of North Texas and have completed at least one art museum education course in the Department of Art Education and Art History. Preferred candidates will have some experience in museums or as educators.
Materials Needed to Apply
- A letter stating your qualifications, interest in the fellowship, and preferred fellowship duration.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- Names and contact information for two references.
Email materials as an MS Word document or PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on March 6, 2020.