China Study Tour Registration Deadline: Feb 28th!
Discover the urban dazzle of Hong Kong where East meets West!
This study will focus on being metropolitan citizens of Hong Kong by riding the MTR and using Octopus cards to travel to appointments with the Buying and Sourcing offices for major retailers in the U.S.
A welcome meal will introduce you to the food of Hong Kong. A visit to some of the popular sites like Victoria Peak will be included. There's a trip to Shanghai to enjoy the Textile and Costume Museum at Donghua University. In Shanghai and Hangzhou, a tour guide and bus will take the group to the manufacturing sites and other popular destinations. The group will also meet university students in Shanghai and see how they live!
From silk to leather and apparel to home furnishings, you'll see how products are manufactured. From Hangzhou, you’ll travel with the locals on a high-speed train to Beijing for cultural immersion in old China. You'll shop the colorful markets and perhaps take a river cruise. And you will even have free time to enjoy the hustle and bustle of these famous metropolitan cities, too!
Experience fashion and home furnishings industries through visits to manufacturing facilities, retail establishments, museums, historical structures, and industry support organizations in Hong Kong and China.
Capstone course requiring students to apply theory, principles and practices to solve industry case studies. Emphasis on problem solving, case analysis, creative thinking, fact finding, data analysis and data interpretation.
- February 28, 2018: complete this form and email to email@example.com. First come, first served; there is a limit of 26 students for the study tour. After your application is approved, you will be asked to register online in the Study Abroad Office. The $100 registration fee is non-refundable.
- March 1, 2018 your first deposit of $500 is due; check or money order (no cash) payable to “UNT- CMHT”. Your check or money order will be deposited within 24 hours of receipt as required by UNT Policies. Refunds will not be given unless the course does not have enough students (i.e. the course does not ‘make’). Bring the check to the CMHT Office in Chilton 331.
- March 15, 2018 second payment of $1000.
- April 1, 2018 remaining balance is due.
- Dates may be somewhat negotiable; but we will need to begin booking asap to get the best fares.