The Wave Division, part of the FMG family of companies, is looking for a full-time Project Designer for their Plano, TX location. The Wave Division supports large corporate accounts with multiple locations and complex facility needs. FMG, our parent company, is Haworth's largest, global contract furniture dealer. We are a 2nd generation family owned company looking for the right person to join our team.
SUMMARY: A Project Designer plans, designs, and furnishes interior environments of commercial spaces. Responsibilities include interfacing with sales people and/or clients to determine purpose and scope of work, creates and maintains time schedules, develops furniture typicals and standards, participates in client presentations, and works with corporate account inventories. Integrates findings with knowledge of interior design and formulates plans, renders schematic designs, working drawings, product specifications and ideas in the form of drawings or illustrations.
• A degree in Interior Design
• 1 - 5 years experience in design industry
• 1 - 3 years experience in commercial furniture dealership preferred
• Proficient in AutoCAD. Knowledge of Canvas and Project Matrix software is preferred.
• Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and be self-motivated
• Working knowledge of accessibility codes
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Detail oriented
• Exceptional customer service skills
6100 W. Plano Parkway, Suite 1400
Plano, TX 75093