Students who intend to pursue a degree in Communication Design will be classified as a Communication Design Pre-Major when admitted to the University. In order to achieve major status the student must complete at least 30 hours of college courses and have:
- Completed ART 1200, 1440, 1500, 1510 and ADES 1500 with a grade of C or better;
- Submitted an entry portfolio to the Communication Design Entry Portfolio Review and have been admitted to starting the Communication Design Freshman and Sophomore studio Sequence;
- Completed ADES 1500, 1540, 2510, and 2515with a grade of C or better;
- Submitted a portfolio to the Communication Design Sophomore Portfolio Review and have been selected prior to the spring semester
- Earned at least a 2.75 GPA on the required Art courses;
- Earned a minimum 2.25 UNT grade point average.
- After successfully meeting these requirements a degree plan will be processed converting the student to Communication Design major status.