All students admitted into UNT who wish to major in an art discipline will be designated as a pre-major in their chosen discipline until they complete the requirements to be accepted as a major. Pre-Fashion majors must meet the following criteria for admission to the Fashion Design major:
- Complete at least 30 hours of college courses (includes those listed below) and:
- Complete ART 1200 or 1301, 1440, 1450, 1500, 1510, and ADES 1550 with a grade of C or better. Once completed, students are eligible to receive codes for ADES 1560 and 2550.
- Complete ADES 1560 and 2550 with a grade of C or better.
- Submit and pass the Fashion Design Entry Portfolio Review at the end of ADES 2550.
- Have at least a 2.50 GPA on the required Art courses.
- Have a minimum 2.25 UNT grade point average.