Curricular Goals & Objectives
We would also like to provide more opportunities to integrate the graduate students with the regional professional community in a research capacity and/or through interdisciplinary and multicultural collaborative experiences. The M.A. for Sustainability program will also facilitate the development of a cohort group of graduate students in the ID M.F.A. program. Since our program is located in a vital and prosperous region with an active design community and industry professionals are available and willing to provide support, providing more opportunities to expose and integrate the graduate students with the regional professional community through collaborative projects will be an excellent benefit.
The curricular objectives of the MA for Sustainability program are to improve our graduates’ abilities to:
- understand the concept and history of sustainability
- understand work ethics and social responsibility
- understand research foundation and methodologies
- critically review literature relevant to their project/research topics
- identify and develop their project/research agenda
- investigate self-elected questions by means of research
- specialize and expand their body of knowledge for sustainability
- manage sustainable design projects professionally
- demonstrate effective writing and presentation skills for knowledge exchange
- understand the global impact of sustainable design on individuals, groups and society
- work in a collaborative environment
The MA in Sustainability candidates are expected to develop sustainable projects and plan a course of investigation that leads to the discovery of new insights into sustainable built environments. This graduate level investigation includes both studio work and scholarly investigation using the research process.