A student who intends to pursue a degree in Interior Design will be classified as an Interior Design Pre-Major when admitted to the University of North Texas. In order to achieve major status the student must complete at least 30 hours of college courses, including the following:
- Complete ART 1200, 1440, 1450, 1500, 1510 and ADES 1625 with a grade of C or better
- Complete ADES 2630 with a grade of C or better
- Submit a portfolio and pass the entry review during enrollment in ADES 2630
- Complete ART 2350 with a grade of C or better
- Have a minimum 2.50 GPA (grade point average) on the required Art courses
- Have a minimum of 2.25 UNT GPA
After successfully meeting these requirements, a degree plan will be processed converting the student to Interior Design major status.