Galleries and Institutes
- Contemporary Arab and Muslim Cultural Studies Initiative
- Design Research Collaborative
- Onstead Institute
- Art in Public Places: Percent for Art program
- AiPP Collection, self-guided tour, Art Path
- Texas Fashion Collection
In the news: The 60th annual Voertman Student Juried Exhibition
The University of North Texas College of Visual Arts and Design galleries support the educational mission of the university, enrich the aesthetic environment of the community and serve as a cultural resource for the public at large. Through their focus on curatorial projects involving vanguard contemporary art, the galleries challenge and promote the current discourse surrounding living artists and their works.
Note: If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to fully participate in a CVAD event, please contact the CVAD Dean's Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 940-565-2855. Please make the request as soon as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation.
Visit the UNT Galleries website.
- With a focus on the visitor experience, the CVAD Art Gallery presents curatorial and installation projects by nationally and internationally accomplished artists.
- Formerly the Lightwell Gallery, the Paul Voertman Gallery is a student-run gallery located on the first-floor atrium of the UNT Art Building. The Paul Voertman Gallery hosts weekly rotating exhibitions of student works and is known for hosting both impromptu and formal performances, critiques, and discussions. The space is named for the late Paul Voertman, a life-long arts patron and Denton business owner, whose belief in arts education and in UNT has made a lasting impact.
- Cora Stafford Gallery features two spaces, showcasing MFA thesis solo exhibitions, our annual Faculty Exhibition, and the annual Voertman Student Juried Exhibition. The gallery is named after Dr. Cora Stafford, an imaginative and enlightened leader who served as a faculty member and art department director from 1921 to 1965.
Parking for UNT CVAD Art Galleries
Community visitors may valet park 7 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday at Union Circle, two blocks from the UNT Art Galleries. To self park, visitors may use the ParkMobile app or a pay meter in both the ground lot across the street from the UNT Art Gallery at Welch and Mulberry Streets (Lot #55 on the map), or in the Union Parking Garage two blocks from the UNT Art Galleries (O5 on the map). Oak Street Hall Gallery is a five-minute walk from the CVAD Building, which is approximately four blocks. Please go to the UNT Transportation website for additional details and a campus map.
The University of North Texas Art in Public Places program was initiated by the UNT President’s office in 2009 and is administered by the Art in Public Places committee. The AiPP committee oversees both, the maintenance and care of the collection, but also advises Project Managers of the Percent for Art program, which was established in 2010.
For more information, please email us or call 940-565-4316.