IADS Funding for Unpaid Internships
Internships are an important part of academic preparation. Many internships are unpaid, however, which makes it difficult for students to afford. Thanks to a generous donation, IADS Open Track and Arts Management students are now eligible for up to $1800 in financial support for a one-semester unpaid internship completed as part of the IADS degree requirements or as an elective.
Applications for support are now being accepted for the Spring 2018 semester, due no later than January 10, 2018. Up to three students will receive this funding in Spring 2018.
Funds will be paid as a stipend into your student account twice during the semester upon submission of your required internship journal.
- IADS open track or arts management major with degree plan on file
- unpaid internship in an IADS-related field (art, design, etc.) requiring at least 120 hours of work during the semester
- enrolled in three Internship credit hours in ART4450.744 or ART4450.768 for the Spring 2018 semester
- Find and apply for an unpaid internship in an IADS-related field.
- Once the company or organization has expressed interest in having you intern, send to email@example.com your resume and a statement describing why this funding will make a difference to your academic success. Include the name of the internship organization, the name and email of your proposed internship supervisor, and a brief description of your internship duties.
For the Spring 2018 semester, recipients of this support will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis for those who complete all of the application requirements and complete all steps to be enrolled in ART4450.744 or ART4450.768.
Contact Dr. Donahue-Wallace