Undergraduate Application Process

The College of Visual Arts and Design admission requirements must be met to qualify as a CVAD student and pre-major status. These requirements are in addition to those required by UNT.

A portfolio is not required for admission to UNT or CVAD. However, if you are a transfer student you may need to submit a portfolio for placement. The studio faculty members in your chosen major will review your portfolio, usually in the middle or end of the sophomore sequence year, to determine if you may continue in the concentration. Review timing changes according to the concentration. You also must submit your work in a senior exit review.

Further information is available from the faculty in your concentration.